EMC Technologies is the largest and most NATA accredited EMC, EMR, SAR and Safety testing laboratory in Australia. We require an experienced EMC Engineer to perform EMC and wireless/radio Testing at our Keilor Park facilities.
This interesting work involves testing to Australian and international EMC/RF standards using sophisticated instruments and facilities. New and imported products are tested for compliance with Australian and international regulations such as RCM ( formerly C-tick & A-tick), CE marking and FCC rules using spectrum analysers, EMI receivers, RF amplifiers, specialist EMC test equipment, anechoic chambers and CISPR Open Area Test Sites. Most work including RF testing and calibration is carried out in accordance with NATA accreditation to ISO 17025. You will be working with engineers (customers) to test their new designs so that EMC compliance is achieved on final manufacture.
This position offers an interesting career which could open up opportunities all over the world.
Experience is preferred however full training can be provided for the suitable applicant. Training is provided in-house or by attending external specialist courses.
A driver’s license is required as the position occasionally involves travel to customer’s premises.
You should have, or be nearing completion of an Electronics or similar engineering degree or diploma. You must have a sound knowledge of general electrical and RF theory and practice, plus the ability to use electrical/electronic test equipment.
The successful applicant must have:
- A good command of English, written and oral. • The ability to prepare detailed technical reports • Good computer skills including Microsoft office • A strong customer focus and the ability to work and liaise closely with customers on a continual basis. • A good eye for detail and the ability to adhere to detailed test procedures. • The ability to meet deadlines, to work alone and as a team member
Australian Citizenship is highly desired as Australian Defence clearance may be required. As a minimum you must be a permanent resident.
It is desirable that the applicant should have:
- Basic understanding in the use of a Quality System • The use of test instrumentation including but not limited to spectrum analysers, EMI Receivers, CROs, DVM and RF test equipment.
The salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
If you wish to apply please use the submission form at the bottom of this page. Alternatively you may phone Chris Zombolas between the hours of 9.30AM and 4PM on weekdays on 03 9365 1000.
Auckland New Zealand branch
Radio testing officer, Trainee EMC testing officer
EMC Technologies in Auckland is seeking electrical / electronic Testing Officers to work in the EMC and / or Radio testing fields.
Candidates with experience in both or either field will be considered however a traineeship may be offered to candidates that show good potential.
The positions will include work mainly at our Grey Lynn facility and our Open Area Test Site located at Orere Point with occasional on-site testing .
EMC Technologies New Zealand Ltd is a part of the EMC Technologies PTY Ltd group of laboratories that operates laboratories in Auckland, Melbourne, Bayswater and Sydney.
The EMC Technologies group of laboratories are world leaders in engineering, testing and regulatory approvals services in the field of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Radio testing and electrical safety.
EMC Technologies offers the largest base of IANZ and NATA accredited and internationally recognised EMC/EMI/EMR/Radio testing and assessment services to major electronics and telecoms manufacturers in all industry sectors in Australasia.
EMC Technologies has the widest scope of IANZ and NATA and international accreditations covering most CE marking immunity and emission standards in Australasia.
Unrivalled testing facilities and knowledge as well as state-of-the-art instruments ensure that full compliance testing is performed to the latest regulatory and standards requirements.
The person we are seeking will have:
· a self motivated professional approach with a high level of commitment to customer focus and an ability to meet deadlines.
· the ability to work as part of the EMC Technologies team and to work alone when required.
· relevant experience in EMC or Radio or both and/or tertiary qualification in electronics and communications.
· the ability to use state-of-the-art test and measuring equipment such as Agilent and R&S to make complex RF measurements and the ability to use automatic test software packages for laboratory and field measurements.
· the ability to write accurate technical reports is essential, as well as good verbal and written communications skills.
· a knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025, IANZ Rules and/or quality procedures.
· a knowledge of EMC/Radio/EMR standards and regulations such as ARPANSA, CE, FCC, VCCI, C-tick & ACMA etc
· the ability to work on-site at various locations including commercial, industrial, medical environments.
· the ability to diagnose and fix EMC or EMR problems.
· a commitment to further professional development in these fields.
· a good working knowledge of RF test instruments, personal computers, Windows operation systems, including Microsoft Office applications and automatic testing software.
· a current driving licence and the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
To ensure that EMCT provides the highest possible standard of professional services, staff are trained through regular internal courses and those conducted through academic institutions, commercially operated courses or overseas training courses and seminars as appropriate for the position.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in New Zealand.
If you wish to apply please use the submission form at the bottom of this page or email Mr Andrew Cutler, General Manager at the Auckland laboratory at : email@example.com