Australia’s largest, most accredited and experienced Electromagnetic Field measuring company (since 1992)…..EMC Technologies specialises in C-tick and RCM EMR testing, EMR surveys, ACMA EMR approval, EMF measurements, EMR Australia compliance, EME expertise
Why Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) regulations?
It is widely accepted that exposure of the human body to high levels of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR), Electromagnetic Energy (EME) or Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) may lead to adverse health effects. To ensure the protection of personnel in the workplace and to protect members of the general public, it is essential that the EMR levels comply with relevant exposure limits set by regulators in each country.
- In Australia the ACMA mandate EMR testing and compliance as part of the new RCM (replacing C-tick and A-tick) compliance scheme for applicable products supplied to the market. RCM testing and certification includes EMR, EMC, telecom & radiocomms and electrical safety. The applicable ACMA EMR standard is ACMA Radiocommunications (Electromagnetic Radiation – Human Exposure) Standard 2014.
- In North America the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandate Maximum Permissable Exposure (MPE) testing and compliance for intentional radiators.
- Industry Canada specify similar requirements as per RSS-102.
- In Europe EMR compliance is required under the R&TTE (Radio equipment and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment) directive, soon to be replaced by the RED (Radio Equipment Directive)
EMC Technologies can provide NATA accredited EMR testing services and compliance engineering assessments for electronic equipment here in the laboratory or on site.
Common EMR standards include AS/NZS 2772.2, ARPANSA RPS3, EN 62209-1, EN 62209-2, EN 50360, EN 62311, EN 50361, ANSI C95.1, ANSI C95.3 and ICNIRP.
Typical equipment requiring EMR/EME/EMF testing and assessment:
- Radiocomms, and Telecommunications equipment
- Mobile phones, mobile phone base stations and towers
- TV and radio broadcast transmitters
- Land Mobile , CB transmitters, Amateur Equipment
- VHF/UHF Paging, Telemetry, and Emergency Services
- Microwave repeaters, Radar
- Wireless devices, Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN), PC WLAN cards, Baby monitors, Cordless Phones, remote control devices
- Industrial RF welders, RF heaters, induction cookers
- Medical diathermy, surgical and other devices using or generating RF
We can also offer EMR predictions/calculations services using powerful software developed by our expert EMR engineers.
EMC Technologies can prepare Site Radiation Folders (similar to an RCSMB or Radio Communications Site Management Book) for sites containing RF transmitters.