Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Consultancy
EMC Technologies highly experienced engineers offer consulting services in all fields of EMC, EMI, RF, EMR/EME/EMF and Safety including the Military/Defence, Automotive, Telecommunications, Medical, Industrial and the general commercial sectors. This includes specialist consulting and compliance engineering services regarding testing and Certification to Australian and international regulations such as RCM testing requirements (C-Tick or A-tick, currently being phased out), CE testing requirements, VCCI, FCC, IC, to name a few.
We will Offer you:
- Highly skilled technical consulting for your product/system development.
- The benefit of EMC Technologies’ 24 years of experience as the leader in the field.
- The benefit of our expert staff that each have 15 to 35 years concentrated experience.
- Experienced professional technical and compliance engineering services, backed by a network of overseas experts.
With our guidance your system design, testing and approval process will proceed efficiently with less chance of expensive retest and costly delays to market.
EMC Technologies has over 30 EMC/RF engineers, technical specialists and administrative staff supporting four comprehensive facilities in Melbourne (2 facilities), Sydney and Auckland (NZ). The facilities in each branch include a fully-equipped test laboratory complex and an Indoor Open Area Test Site (IOATS) as well as Open Area Test Site (OATS) in our Sydney and Auckland facilities.
EMC Technologies has provided comprehensive EMC consultation and testing for many infrastructure and Defence projects for major customers such as: ADTRANZ, Australian Submarine Corp (ASC), Aurecon, BAE Systems, BHP Billiton, Calibre Rail, CSIRO, Downer/EDI Rail, GHD, Kowloon Canton Railway Corporation (KCRC) Hong Kong, Land & Transport Authority (LTA) Singapore, Leighton/John Holland, Mercedes Benz, Queensland Rail (QR), UGL, etc.
Responsibilities in these projects included:
- EMI/EMC requirement analysis as applicable to the customer requirements.
- Assistance in the preparation of contract deliverable EMC engineering documentation (Quality Plan, Control Plan, Test Plan & Specification and Design Document), provision of EMC technical guidance to system and equipment design.
- Analysis of EMC performance and installation design of the system and to identify areas of risk.
- Studies and surveys to identify potential internal and external EMI sources.
- Support engineering and test efforts in resolving EMC problems and non- compliance.
- Analysis of equipment / system on EMI/EMC test data and reports, and advise on approval/rejection of equipment / system for release.
- Conduct conformity Assessment procedures on submitted documentation and issue a report, which accepts or rejects the supplier’s claims of compliance.
- Assist the customer, as an accredited Competent Body (CB), in the preparation of Technical Construction File (TCF) for product or system of products compliance
RELEVANT EMC EXPERIENCE
The following is a partial list of major projects EMC Technologies has provided services:
- East Rail Extension Contract HCC300 – East Tsim Sha Tsui Station – Hong Kong.
- Millenium Train Interference Investigation – EDI Rail –Sydney
- Adelaide Tram Extension in CBD – SKM – Adelaide
- Changi Airport Line LTA C573 and MRT North East Line LTA C707 – Singapore.
- Queensland Rail (Australia) – Cairns Tilt Train.
- Queensland (Australia) Rail (ADTRANZ) – Testing and consulting for QR SMU220 Rail Vehicle, Maryborough (25kV AC rail project).
- ADTRANZ – interference investigation on Sydney Light Rail vehicle and systems.
- Olympic Railway Station – Electromagnetic Compatibility survey and investigation Homebush, site of the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Automatic Ticket Validation – Investigation of interference to Automatic Ticket Validation System on Melbourne Trams and public transport system.
- Hitachi Electric Traction Systems – Investigation of possible interference to implanted pacemakers by Hitachi Electric Traction Systems for V-Line.
- Automatic Fare Collection System (TVM) for ERG/AES Prodata
- V/Lines (State Railway) – EMC Survey and Investigation Onboard Locomotives.
- Melbourne Light Rail (Trams) – Whole vehicle EMC Design for AEG (Australia)
- Investigation and Suppression of Interference by Trams to AM Radio – AEG
- Automotive – EMC assessment of whole vehicles, subsystems for GM, Ford, Volvo, Mitsubishi and others.
- BAE Systems: Satellite Communications System for ANZAC Class Frigate and Air Warfare Destroyer vessels
- Australian Submarine Corporation (ASC): EMR/EMC trials for Collins Class Submarine
- Tenix Defence: EMR/EMC trials for Australian Navy Seahawk Helicopter
- SAAB Systems: Tactical Weapon System Design and Validation
- L3 Communication: Verification and Validation of Special Forces Communications Suite of SFAD RHIB
- BHP Billiton: Mitigation of interference at Bauxite Refinery near Banbury
- Mercedes Benz: Principal RFI Consultant for Australian Army Land Rover Replacement Project (Land 121)
- Aurecon/CSIRO: Principal RFI Consultant for ASKAP Pathfinder
- Calibre Rail: Oakagee Port & Rail (OPR) Project – RF communication interference investigation
- United Group Ltd: EMC Consultant – Digital Train Radio System (DTRS) Project for NSW RailCorp
- Victorian Department of Primary Industries: Smart Meter EME Investigation, testing and analysis
- NSW Essential Energy: Smart Meter EME Investigation, testing and analysis
- ABB New Zealand: RF interference risk investigation
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit light rail project: EMC engineering consultant and RF site survey
- Essendon Fields: RFI risk investigation at airport
- Additionally, EMCT has conducted EMC testing on a number of rolling stocks for major locomotive suppliers to QR, NSW RailCorp and other national and state rail systems. EMCT has also conducted numerous testing on track and trackside equipment used in railway system.