EMC & RF CalculatorConversion, Equations and Calculations for EMC & Radio testing
EMC & RF Testing Conversions & Calculators
EMC testing and wireless radio testing use many equations, formulae and conversions. Here are some online free calculators that should make things easier.
Radiated Power & Electric Field Strength calculator
This calculator allows easy conversion of common measurement units such electric field strength to radiated power including the following:
- dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m to EiRP (mW) or EiRP (dBm)
- dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m to ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm)
- EiRP (mW), EiRP (dBm), to dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m
- ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm) to dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m
- EiRP (mW) or EiRP (dBm) to ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm)
These conversions can be very useful when comparing FCC dBuV/m electric field strength measurements to radio standards such as AS/NZS 4268, allowing easy comparison against the limits that may be defined in terms of EiRP (mW).
General RF Calculators (50Ω System)
Antenna equations & Radiated Fields
Frequency to Wavelength, antenna factor to antenna gain and radiated field conversions.