Conversion, Equations and Calculations for EMC & Radio testing
EMC & RF Testing Conversions & Calculators
EMC testing and wireless radio testing use many equations, formaulae and conversions. Here are some online free calculators that should make things easier.
General RF Calculators (50Ω System)
Antenna equations & Radiated Fields
Frequency to Wavelength, antenna factor to antenna gain and radiated field conversions.
Radiated Power & Electric Field Strength calculator
This calculator allows easy conversion of common measurement units such electric field strength to radiated power including the following:
- dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m to EiRP (mW) or EiRP (dBm)
- dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m to ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm)
- EiRP (mW), EiRP (dBm), to dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m
- ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm) to dBuV/m at 3m or dBuV/m at 10m
- EiRP (mW) or EiRP (dBm) to ERP (mw) or ERP (dBm)
These conversions can be very useful when comparing FCC dBuV/m electric field strength measurments to radio standards such as AS/NZS 4268, allowing easy comparison gainst the limits that may be defined in terms of EiRP (mW).