Complying with the new EMC Directive 2014/30/EC
The new European EMC Directive 2014/30/EC is in transition and will replace the current version, EMC Directive 2004/108/EC which will expire in April 2016.
Conformity assessment procedures are not changed significantly however manufacturers, importers, and distributors must ensure that they comply with the new provisions.
After April 2016, the new directive will be required for all EMC compliance files and declarations of conformity (DoC) referencing 2004/108/EC will no longer be valid. The essential requirements listed in Annex I of the directive remain unchanged and continue to be stated in very general terms in relation to Electromagnetic disturbances and the Protection Requirements.
The harmonised standards route to compliance will remain as the best means of conformity assessment, however, the TCF route is still possible using EMC Technologies Notified Body status.
The Key Changes include:
- Requirements for Distributors and Importers to keep additional information in the Technical File.
- Multilingual DoCs
- Notified Body requirements
Check List to Maintain the New CE Marking Compliance
- The Revision date of the Harmonised Standard in the reports should be current.
- Update the CE Marking DoC
- a. Reference EMC Directive 2014/30/EC
- b. Update the list of EN standards
- c. Identify the product
- d. Translate copies into the language of intended EU countries.
- Update the Technical File. For self-declared products Include all technical documents listed in Annex II (3)
- Review CE Labelling. Ensure that the model number and contact information are shown.
- Review User/operator instructions manual. Ensure that it complies with Article 18.
- Check for other possible applicable directives.
Consult with our Experts:
For questions concerning the new EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, the conformity assessment process, or testing services, contact the experts at EMC Technologies.
We can review your current technical documentation and consult to ensure that you are in full compliance.